St Charles County Missouri Conservation Commission
Two locations: a primary and secondary sites. At this time are not separated in the following clips.
1942: Land acquired in 1942: Weldon Springs towersite, 10 acres.(Missouri Conservation Commission Annual Report)
1943: A 50-foot steel tower erected. (Report of the Missouri Conservation Commission)
1943: Nine and one half acres were acquired for use of the towersite. (Report of the Missouri Conservation Commission)
1945-1946: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is 12 acres in size.
June 28, 1947: A new 60-foot wooden tower erected. (Daily Capital News)
July 25, 1947: "The Conservation Commission has recently acquired 7,000 acres of land for a game refuge. The area now still has much government property lying idle and which will have to be disposed of. There are many buildings, fences, miles of cable and wire, piles of lumber and piling, water towers and much other property. A fire tower is being erected in the area now and there is an auxiliary tower outside the area near the residence of the tower manager." (The Marthasville Record)
1949-1950: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is 160 acres in size.