February 1, 1934: "There is now under construction 43 1/2 miles of telephone line, running from Salem to Bixby, Viburnum, Buick and the Boss camp of the CCC. When the lookout tower is set up at or near Czar, north of Viburnum, the line will be extended to that place." (The Salem Post and The Democrat-Bulletin)
1934: A 100-foot steel tower erected by Civilian Conservation Corps enrollees.
The NGS Data Sheet
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (WRH) THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6-1/2 MILES AIRLINE WEST SOUTHWEST OF DELBRIDGE, 4 MILES AIRLINE NORTH NORTHEAST OF VIBURNUM AND ABOUT 0.2 MILE WEST OF THE CRAWFORD-WASHINGTON COUNTY LINE.
THE LOOKOUT TOWER IS A FOUR LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE WITH A 10 FOOT SQUARE STEEL AND GLASS HOUSE ON TOP. IT IS ABOUT 113 FEET HIGH AND IS 325.37 FEET, 99.173 METERS NORTH NORTHEAST OF TRIANGULATION STATION CZAR. THE CENTER OF THE TOWER WAS TRAVERSED TO.