Morgan County Missouri Conservation Commission 41N-18W-28
1944: 75 acres were acquired for a towersite. (Report of the Missouri Conservation Commission)
1945-1946: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is 75 acres in size.
June 28, 1946: "Under construction now or scheduled for completion this summer are the Hollister tower in Taney County, the Branch and Proctor towers in the Lake of the Ozarks district, and the Flat Rock tower in the Eminence district. All will be 60-foot creosoted pole structures of a type designed by the Commission to replace steel towers when steel inaccessible during the war. These pole towers, it was discovered, are much cheaper than steel, even considering durability." (Daily Capital News)
1974: A steel tower moved from the Gasconade district was erected to replace the original wood structure.
FY1974-75: "New overhead doors and a new roof were installed on the Proctor garage. " (Missouri Department of Conservation Annual Report)
FY1975-76: "Tower footings were poured for a new fire tower at Proctor along with the construction of a new entrance road and parking area." (Missouri Department of Conservation Annual Report)