McDonald County Missouri Conservation Commission 22N-33W-26
1945-1946: 20 acres acquired for a towersite. (Annual Report of the Missouri Department of Conservation)
October 8, 1947: "Gerald Brock of Anderson has been employed by the conservation commission as forest towerman. He will be stationed at the Lanagan lookout tower, and will have charge of the fire-fighting crew in the western part of McDonald county. He succeeds Andrew Minke, resigned." (Joplin Globe)
1947-1948: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is 20 acres in size.
FY 1950-51: A 37 acre extension to the towersite was acquired. (Missouri Conservation Commission Annual Report)