Washington County Missouri Conservation Commission 39N-3E-28
1939: "Three towers being erected in 1939 include 67-foot tower at Washington State Park." (Missouri Conservation Commission Annual Report)
1940: A 68-foot steel tower erected. (Report of the Missouri Conservation Commission)
FY 1939-41: "Fire tower was constructed, with the aid of CCC and NYA, to serve the surrounding country side." (Missouri Conservation Commission Annual Report, 7/1939-12/1941)
August 21, 1941: "The view from the forestry tower is a popular attraction for visitors at Washington State Park in Washington County, according to records of the forestry section of the Missouri Conservation Commission. During the month of June 1,017 persons climbed the 70-foot tower, which is used officially to spot fires on forest land under State protection." (St. Clair Chronicle)
1949-1950: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is located in Washington State Park.
1956: A new tower was erected at a better location.
FY1981-82: "Relocated the entrance road to the Washington tower." (Missouri Department of Conservation Annual Report)