June 28, 1946: "William E. Towell, senior forester and general supervisor of fire control under State Forester George O. White, said one lookout tower was completed last month at Stegall Mountain in Carter County." (Daily Capital News)
1947-1948: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is located in the Deer Run State Forest.
FY 1962-03: "We transferred the area including Peck Ranch from Deer Run to Eminence, because Peck Ranch can more easily be protected by Eminence. This Transferred the supervision of Stegall Tower from Deer Run to Eminence." (Missouri Conservation Commission Biennial Report - 7/1962 to 6/1964)
FY 1965-66: "Stegall tower residence received extensive remodeling, including the addition of a bathroom, bedroom, a sewer system and complete reworking of the old portion of the house." (Missouri Department of Conservation Annual Report FY 1965-66)
FY 1968-69: "Overhead garage doors were hung at Stegall Mountain towersite garage." (Missouri Department of Conservation Annual Report FY 1968-69)
1974: "A chlorinator was replaced at the Stegall Mountain residence." (Annual Report of the Department of Conservation)
FY1975-76: "Work on the Stegall Mountain residence included the installation of new wall, ceiling and floor covering, along with the remodeling of the kitchen." (Missouri Department of Conservation Annual Report)
The NGS Data Sheet
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (VBM) LOCATED ABOUT 9 MILES SOUTHEAST OF EMINENCE AND IS OWNED BY THE STATE. IT IS A FOUR LEGGED STEEL TOWER WITH AN OBSERVATION CABIN AT ITS TOP. ITS OVERALL HEIGHT IS ABOUT 70 FEET.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 19 AND COUNTY ROAD H AT THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF WINONA, GO EAST AND NORTH ON ROAD H FOR 5.0 MILES TO THE END OF THE PAVEMENT AND A GRAVELED ROAD RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO EASTERLY ON A GRAVELED ROAD FOR 3.5 MILES TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT AND A SIGN ON THE RIGHT (STEGALL MOUNTAIN LOOKOUT TOWER). TURN LEFT AND GO NORTHERLY ON A GRAVELED ROAD FOR 1.9 MILES TO THE TOWER.