Newton County Missouri Conservation Commission 24N-32W-31
1946-1947: 40 acres were acquired for a towersite. (Annual Report of the Missouri Department of Conservation)
June 28, 1947: A new 60-foot wooden tower was erected. (Daily Capital News)
July 23, 1947: "Material for the construction of the tower at McElhany is on the grounds, but it probably won't be completed much before fall. Towerman Mauch and his family already have moved into the McElhany farm at the tower site." (Neosho Daily Democrat)
1947-1948: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is 40 acres in size.
FY1958-59: "The wooden fire tower was replaced with 120-foot steel tower at Goodman." (Missouri Conservation Commission Annual Report FY1958-59)