1950: A 100-foot Aermotor tower with a 7x7 steel cab was erected on the Cookson Hills Wildlife Management Area.
February 25, 1960: "A hundred-foot lookout tower on Beaver mountain manned by Jess Morton, the ranger, can signal on sight of trespassers or a trace of fire. Six of the older Zion boys with Principal Guffey braved the chill winds to climb the tower and view the 40-mile panoramic view below." (Stilwell Democrat-Journal)
November 21, 1963: "After dinner they all visited Rev. and Mrs. Casey and girls at the Beaver mountain lookout tower." (Stilwell Democrat-Journal)