Camden County Missouri Conservation Commission 40N-17W-34
1939:Four acres were acquired by the Conservation Commission for the purpose of erecting a fire tower. (Missouri Conservation Commission Annual Report)
1942: Construction and development during 1942: 1 steel tower-68 feet. (Missouri Conservation Commission Annual Report)
1945-1946: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is 4 acres in size.
April 8, 1951: "An appreciation of the snake-like contour of the lake can be gained from the Hurricane Deck forestry tower right beside Highway 5 a dozen or so miles south of Gravois Mills. The lookout tower is open to visitors, and the climb to the top is worth the commanding view across the forests and curving lake. The tall tower is used as a lookout by the conservation commission for forest fires." (Jefferson City News And Tribune)
FY 1965-66: "Hurricane Deck tower residence received a new roof, new tile in the bathroom and kitchen. New steel doors were installed on the garage." (Missouri Department of Conservation Annual Report FY 1965-66)
FY1971-72: "The Hurricane Deck residence was remodeled." (Annual Report of the Missouri Department of Conservation)
FY1973-74: "The Hurricane Deck fire tower was relocated and a privy was constructed at this site." (Missouri Department of Conservation Annual Report)
January 2008: The tower had been sold to a private party. The tower was dismantled and moved to the buyers farm where it will be erected.