Douglas County Mark Twain National Forest 26N-12W-22
April 13, 1936: The land for the tower site was acquired by the U.S. Forest Service.
December 17, 1936: "A total of four towers on the Spring Creek and White River Ranger districts, will aid materially in spotting and accurately locating fires. The other three towers are located at Siloam, Blue Buck and Hammond Mill. The Twin Knobs tower having been only recently completed by the Willow Springs camp." (Howell County Gazette)