Door County Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
1916: "Two lookout towers to aid in detecting forest fires have been erected on Seven's Bluff and Eagle Bluff, which are connected by telephone with the superintendent's residence and the local exchange. As these towers are built with railed stairways and landings, they may be climbed safely by anyone, and visitors to the park find the views well worth the climb. From both towers, buildings in Marinette, eighteen miles across the bay, may be seen on clear mornings with the naked eye." (Wisconsin Conservation Commission Biennial Report)
July 8, 1927: "Eagle Bluff runs both west and south of the lookout tower at the northwestern part of the park, and is seventy-five feet high." (Stevens Point Daily Journal)
1932: A 75-foot tower constructed with Civilian Conservation Corps labor, to serve as an observation tower for the pleasure of the Park's patrons and for use as a detection point for fires.
May 20, 2015: The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources announced an inspection of the tower's structural soundness found decay in the supporting timbers. Safety concerns prompted an immediate closing of the structure to the public. Further inspections will determine the future of the tower. Since the original tower was erected, the tower has been rebuilt or refurbished several times.
June 12, 2015: "A complete engineer's report revealed that the tower is no longer structurally adequate. The reports recommends tearing the tower down and building new, rather than applying stop-gaps to the existing tower." (Door Countys Peninsula Pulse)