Camden County Missouri Conservation Commission 39N-19W-29
1946-1947: 4 acres were acquired for a towersite. (Annual Report of the Missouri Department of Conservation)
June 28, 1947: A new 60-foot wooden tower was erected. (Daily Capital News)
November 22, 1947: "The towersites occupy a total of 1,496 acres of land, the smallest site being a four-acre location for the new Climax Springs tower in Camden county." (Joplin Globe)
1947-1948: The 'Official Manual of the State of Missouri' indicates that the towersite is owned by the Missouri Conservation Commission and is only 4 acres in size.
FY1957-58: "During the fiscal year a steel lookout tower was constructed to replace the temporary wooden tower which had been erected at Flat Rock." (Missouri Conservation Commission Annual Report FY 1957-58)
1958: A steel tower was erected in June at a cost of $3700.00.
March 8, 1964: "Magistrate William R. Ross fined two men from Climax Springs a total of $400 Saturday for malicious setting of fires on another person's land. Claude Hollcroft, manning a fire tower in the Climax Springs area, saw the men set several fires nearby. He descended from his tower to put the fires out. Meanwhile the men continued to set other fires nearby. Hollcroft notified Brooks and Brooks, accompanied by Agent Ed Webb, arrested the men. They were jailed overnight." (The Sunday News and Tribune)