1949: The all steel tower and Cab was constructed.
February 1, 2006: The first stage of moving the lookout began with the removal of the cab from the tower. The all steel tower and cab will be moved near the Catahoula Ranger District office for restoration and erection. The move was prompted by a highway widening project that was surveyed to go through the lookout's site.
.Moved to the site of a former Civilian Conservation Corps camp.